1. PROTECTIVE MEASURES & INSTRUCTIONS AGAINST COVID-19
- As part of the COVID-19 guidelines announced by the Greek Authorities for the prevention of the new coronavirus transmission and spread, all passengers must complete the “Pre boarding health declaration questionnaire” and submit it to the vessel’s Chief Purser along with their ticket, when boarding, prior to the vessel’s departure. The relevant form can be downloaded from the company’s website (www.tritonferries.gr) and is available at ticket points of sale.
- Passengers may be denied boarding the ship (i) if they have symptoms which indicate a COVID-19 infection, or (ii) the passengers’ answers on the “Pre-boarding” form indicate that there has been contact with a person with COVID-19 infection, or (iii) the passenger refuses to comply with the protective measures of wearing a mask at all times.
- Touchless temperature screening may be implemented before boarding. In case someone has a temperature > 37.8ο C boarding will be denied.
- Passengers must wear a mask at all times both in indoor areas as well as on the deck areas of the ship. A minimum distance of 1.5 meters between passengers should be observed.
- In case passengers experience respiratory symptoms during the trip they must report it immediately to the ship’s crew.
2. PASSENGER NAME LIST
Each ticket is personal, non-transferable and valid only for the specific trip, itinerary and class it has been issued for.
- The provisions of Presidential Decree no. 23/1999 “Registration of persons traveling by passenger ships operating to or from Greek ports in accordance with Directive 98/41/EC/1998”, are amended, according to PD 102/2019 (A΄ 182).
- To make that possible, tickets are issued BY NAME and specifically must include:
- PASSENGER’S FIRST AND LAST NAME
- GENDER: MALE/FEMALE
- DATE OF BIRTH (Day/Month/Year)
- TYPE OF VEHICLE AND LICENCE PLATE
In addition, the issuing agent must be notified of passengers requiring SPECIAL CARE, and passengers are strongly advised to give a TELEPHONE NUMBER so they can be contacted in case of emergency.
- It is not allowed to issue tickets on board; therefore, for their convenience, passengers are advised to contact their travel agent on time in order to book and issue their tickets.
- Children up to 5 years old (infants): it is obligatory to issue a Free of Charge ticket.
3. FARES / DISCOUNTS
- Children up to 5 years old (infants) travel for free.
- Children aged 5-10 have a 50% discount on the fare.
- Families with 3 children or more have a 50% discount on the fare.
- Retirees from the P.S.F. (Panhellenic Seamen Federation – NAT) have a 50% discount on the fare.
- Only students of Greek public universities are eligible for a 50% discount on the fare.
- Passengers with Special Needs and their Attendant (with a disability percentage of 80% and higher as certified by a competent body that they need an Attendant) have a 50% discount on the fare. Children with Special Needs up to the age of 18 travel for free. The discount also applies to their vehicles (when the relevant certification is presented and the beneficiary is traveling).
GROUP DISCOUNTS: can be provided following a written request and pending on availability.
- Groups > 20 people without a bus: 20% discount on the fare.
- Groups > 20 people with a bus: 20% discount on passenger fares, 1m discount for the bus, Driver/Co-Driver travel for free.
- Groups > 30 people and their vehicles for special occasions (weddings etc): discounts to be provided on a case-by-case basis following a written request to the company.
Passengers eligible for a discount must declare it when making a reservation and all supporting documents must be presented both when making a reservation, and when boarding the vessel. Following ticket issuance, it is not possible to get any difference refunded.
Pets travel free of charge. Passengers traveling with a pet should hold updated health documents for their pet and are responsible for the pet’s care, safety and hygiene. Un-accompanied pets are not allowed onboard.
4. CANCELLATION POLICY
FOR F/B IONIS
HIGH SEASON: 26/04/2021 – 04/05/2021, 15/06/2021 – 12/09/2021
- Up to 7 days prior to departure: Tickets are cancelled without charge or can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- From 7 days and up to 12 hours prior to departure: A 50% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- 12 hours prior and up to the departure: A 50% cancellation charge is applied.
- After departure: Tickets cannot be cancelled or converted to open date tickets or to travel on another date.
LOW SEASON: All other dates except those mentioned in HIGH SEASON
- Up to 3 days prior to departure: Tickets are cancelled without charge or can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- From 3 days and up to the departure: A 50% cancellation charge is applied or alternatively tickets can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
- Up to 2 hours after the departure: Tickets can be converted to open date tickets only by the central agents.
For F/B PORFYROUSA, tickets are cancelled without charge or can be converted to open date tickets or for another departure date.
OPEN DATE TICKETS
- Open date tickets are valid for boarding only if a boarding card, valid for the specific date of travel, has been issued.
- Open date tickets are valid for maximum one (1) year since the date they were converted to “open”, or until the ship ceases to operate the specific itinerary.
- If passengers wish to travel on a date when a higher fare is in force, then they must pay the difference between the current and the pre-paid open ticket fare.
- Tickets can be cancelled only by the agents that issued them.
- Tickets cannot be cancelled over the phone. The tickets must be delivered to the issuing agent.
- Tickets which have been converted to open date, are cancelled according to the cancellation terms and conditions of the originally issued tickets.
The above also apply when a ticket is purchased online through the company website (www.tritonferries.gr) provided that the company is informed in writing by email. In order for the cancellation request to be valid, the passenger must provide all booking / ticket information and contact details. The ticket itself must be returned to a Central Agent.
5. PREPAID TICKET(S)
Our company supports the service of prepaid tickets (PTA). All prepaid tickets must be printed before boarding. The issuance of tickets is possible through our Central Agents and the company’s ferry ticket booths at departure ports (where available).
6. LOSS OF TICKET(S)
- In case a ticket is lost, the lost ticket must be cancelled (with no cancellation fee) and replaced in time by the passenger with a new ticket, otherwise boarding will be denied.
7. EMBARKATION PROCEDURE
Drivers are obliged to:
- bring their vehicle at the embarkation area at least one (1) hour before departure,
- embark and disembark their vehicle.
Vehicles’ passengers must exit the vehicle before embarkation. Vehicles’ priority order for embarkation is determined by the Port Regulations of each Port Authority, where embarkation takes place.
All passengers are required to present their ticket, identity card or any other official documents to the vessel’s authorized personnel. The carrier reserves the right to deny embarkation to any individual who does not possess valid travel documents or fails to prove beyond doubt, his/her identity.
- Luggage should be placed in the designated areas of the vessel, as per the crew’s instructions. Every passenger is permitted to leave up to two (2) items of luggage in the vessel’s garage. For more than 2 items of luggage, a bill of lading should be present.
- The company cannot be held responsible for any loss of money or valuables left in the cabins, the ship’s common areas or the vehicles. The company is responsible for the damage or loss of luggage on board, only if they have been handed over for safe-keeping and a relevant receipt has been issued.
- Luggage must not contain valuable items. These items can be handed over to the vessel’s Reception for safe-keeping.
9. SECURITY NOTICE
- For security reasons, passengers must follow at all times the instructions of the Captain and the crew.
- Access to the vessel’s garage is prohibited during the journey.
- It is strictly prohibited to bring onboard hazardous materials, drugs or contraband.
- In case a passenger carries a weapon, they must hand it over to the Captain during embarkation for safe-keeping and present the relevant license for owning and carrying the weapon.
10. TICKET CONTROL ONBOARD
Purser’s Office staff carries out ticket controls at embarkation and during the journey. Passengers are obliged to show their tickets on demand and proof of discount, if applicable.
- The company endeavours to adhere to the itinerary and time-schedule it has already announced. However, in case deemed necessary, it maintains the right for modification.
- Arrival times quoted indicate the time the vessel arrives at the entrance of the port.
- The company reserves the right to reschedule its vessels if necessary.
12. CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE OR DELAY DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS etc.
- Passengers and vehicles can embark without changing their tickets.
CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE:
- The tickets of a cancelled departure are not valid for embarkation and must be exchanged with a valid boarding card for the next scheduled departure, pending on availability.
In case of a departure being delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather conditions etc., passengers are kindly requested to contact the Port Authorities and the ticket agencies in order to be informed about the new departure time.
13. PASSENGER’S PHONE NUMBER
Passengers are advised to provide their travel agency with their mobile phone number so they can be contacted in case of emergency e.g. cancellation of departure due to bad weather conditions etc.
14. NO SMOKING LAW 3730
As per the National Law 3730 of the Greek Ministry of Health, as from July 1st 2009, smoking is strictly prohibited in all enclosed public areas, as well as the vessels’ cabins. Passengers may smoke in the designated areas on the open outer decks.
15. CUSTOMER SERVICE
For any Customer Service inquiries, comments or suggestions, please send an e-mail: email@example.com